Promise Community Health Center seeks a full-time Public Relations Coordinator to join its comprehensive, growing health center. The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for communications between Promise and its stakeholders; develops and distributes all types of communication for Promise; interacts with leadership, staff and patrons; and promotes Promise’s mission and service opportunities with businesses, schools and other target groups in the community.
- Coordinates social media outlets and community engagement strategy; develops and maintains ongoing social media strategy for the organization; and utilizes social listening and monitoring tools to gauge metrics, public sentiment and insights.
- Maintains the organization’s website, social media and technological outreach systems for content and design, ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality.
- Acts as the liaison with community partners, schools, industry leaders and legislative representatives.
- Writes, edits, designs and produces press releases, public service announcements, brochures, annual report, newsletters, blogs, fact sheets and presentations to create public awareness of organization activities and events.
- Establishes relationships with press, radio, television and other media outlets.
- Engages with the community through social media, membership on committees/organizations and attendance at community events.
- Serves as a resource for staff in identifying and addressing public information needs; trains staff in policies and practices governing public information.
- Develops, coordinates and participates in news conferences, special events and other programs of public interest.
- Makes speeches before various civic groups and other organizations, takes photographs for publications and develops audio/visual presentations.
- Represents Promise on the Iowa Primary Care Association’s Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Assist with promoting and organizing Promise’s key events, including Annual Event, Wellness on Wheels (WOW) Bicycle Ride and Healthy Heroes 5K.
- Assists Chief Executive Officers in development/promotion of capital campaign projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field is required.
- Two or more years of related experience is preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please apply online and/or send a letter of application and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Promise Community Health Center; 338 1st Ave. NW; Sioux Center, IA 51250.
Promise is an equal opportunity employer.