Promise Community Health Center seeks a full-time, bilingual Dental Scheduler for its comprehensive, growing health center in Sioux Center. The Dental Scheduler ensures that all people contacting the clinic via phone or in person will be greeted and will receive prompt customer service. The Dental Scheduler is responsible for a range of office duties that support the dental and other programs at Promise CHC.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting patients and guests as they enter the health center;
- Answering basic questions regarding billing, insurance, Medicaid and dental health-care concerns, relaying information to appropriate staff, registering patients and establishing financial eligibility for billing;
- Scheduling patient appointments according to visit expectations;
- Obtaining and verifying demographic data from patients as they enter the health center, creating a patient file, and assuring the confidentiality and accuracy of patients’ financial and health records;
- Checking in patients and notifying the dental team of the arrival of patients;
- Recording encounters and charges on patient accounts;
- Recording receipts of payment from patients into the system and accounting for cash received, reconciling cash drawer and preparing for deposit daily;
- Faxing or scanning information to be sent to other facilities on behalf of Promise CHC’s dental team;
- Referring patients to outreach staff for assistance as needed with Medicaid, hawk-I, insurance marketplace, and other patient assistance or referral to community resources;
- Handing various other office duties.
- Bilingual language skill in English and Spanish is required.
- High school diploma is required. One to two years of relevant office experience is preferred.
- Computer literacy is required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please apply online or send a resume and letter of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Promise Community Health Center; 338 1st Ave. NW; Sioux Center, IA 51250. For more information, call 712-722-1700.
Promise is an equal opportunity employer.