Promise Community Health Center, a comprehensive, growing health center in Sioux Center, Iowa, seeks a full-time Dental Coordinator for its team. The Dental Coordinator, in conjunction with the Dental Director, oversees the dental program to ensure comprehensive dental/oral health services to Promise’s patients and an efficient workflow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees the dental schedule of hygienist and dentist for efficient workflow in the dental department.
- Coordinates the calls to patients and to third-party payers to assure prior authorization of dental services, to minimize no-show visits and to maintain regulatory requirements.
- Maintains dental program data and patient recall system, patient waiting list and other relevant oral health performance indicators.
- Oversees and completes, when needed, the registration process for dental patients in the electronic data base/patient registry by obtaining patient demographics and patient history.
- Reviews system of entering patient charges into the database and documentation for third-party claims and assists billing staff in following up on outstanding claims.
- Provides patient education and/or ensures that patient education is being provided as a standard of care within the limits of standard dental procedure to patients with varying age-related, psychosocial and cultural needs.
- Maintains and completes patient records consistent with clinic policies and procedure.
- Accepts payment from patients, enters and posts payment on patient accounts.
- Schedules follow-up visits and provides treatment plan information to patients upon completion of dental visits.
- Receives, screens and responds to patient phone calls.
- Attends trainings and workshops as needed to remain current in the field of dental assisting; shares and disseminates information from trainings and workshops with dental health team.
- Conducts outreach to the community, including schools, colleges, daycares and preschools, to disseminate information regarding the oral health/dental program at Promise.
- Collaborates with colleagues and interdisciplinary team members at Promise to ensure that dental/oral health is an integrated primary health-care service.
- One year of clinical dental assistant experience is preferred.
- Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Must have the ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with patients and staff; must be able to work well with low-income populations in a respectful manner.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please apply online or send a resume and letter of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Promise Community Health Center; 338 1st Ave. NW; Sioux Center, IA 51250. For more information, call 712-722-1700.
Promise is an equal opportunity employer.