Promise Community Health Center seeks a full-time Billing Assistant for its comprehensive, growing health center in Sioux Center. The Billing Assistant is responsible for assisting the Billing Manager with day-to-day billing operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing daily patient check-out procedures, including verifying insurance on claims and troubleshooting incomplete or inaccurate claim data.
- Verifying daily patient insurance eligibility for scheduled patients.
- Working claim denials in a timely manner, including contacting insurance companies to verify benefits, if applicable, and contacting patients regarding plan benefits.
- Filing and processing all dental claims, working closely with both the billing manager and the dental coordinator to ensure timely filing.
- Reviewing and approving sliding fee adjustments requested by outreach and front office staff.
- Reviewing and approving other adjustments as applicable and assigned by Billing Manager.
- Processing daily insurance receipts, posting remittances/explanation of benefits and scanning insurance checks.
- Reviewing outsourced lab invoices.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues for past due accounts.
- Working with the office receptionist staff and office supervisor to assure accurate and ongoing collection for established payment plans with patients.
- Providing backup and assistance in the registration process for the front office receptionist/scheduling staff when necessary.
- High school diploma is required.
- One or more years of basic billing experience is preferred.
- An ability to communicate verbally and in writing and computer literacy are required.
- An ability to work as a team member, establishing effective relationships with patients and staff, and to work well with low-income populations in a respectful manner is required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please apply online or send a resume and letter of interest by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Promise Community Health Center; 338 1st Ave. NW; Sioux Center, IA 51250. For more information, call 712-722-1700.
Promise is an equal opportunity employer.