Promise Community Health Center seeks a full-time Billing Specialist to work in its Sioux Center office. Candidates must be able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize in the busy environment of a growing health center. The Billing Specialist reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Promise offers a great work environment with wonderful people and excellent benefits to its employees. Promise is an equal opportunity employer.
- Charge Entry;
- Insurance follow-up;
- Claim denial follow-up;
- Managing correspondence;
- Demographic entry;
- Eligibility verification;
- Patient relations and collections.
- A high school diploma is required, with an associates degree in business administration, accounting or health care preferred;
- Two or more years of experience in medical billing and medical coding is preferred;
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding is helpful.
Successful candidates must be able to work in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and Billing Company Policy and Procedures; be detail-oriented; have strong communication skills; and have general knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please apply online or send a resume and letter of interest by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Promise Community Health Center; 338 1st Ave. NW; Sioux Center, IA 51250.
For more information, call 712-722-1700.