Take your next career step!
Do you desire a responsible, rewarding position? Do you want a flexible schedule?
Promise Community Health Center seeks a full-time Claims Administrator. This position plays a key role in the operations of a comprehensive, growing health center that reaches out to underserved people. The billing specialist reports to the chief financial officer.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to manage your own flexible work schedule.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with department supervisors to enhance billing processes;
- Serving as part of Promise’s Quality Improvement Team;
- Supervising and working closely with a third-party billing group;
- Developing monthly reports for the leadership team;
- Following up on insurance and claim denial;
- Verifying insurance eligibility;
- Maintaining patient relations.
- A high school diploma is required, with an associates degree in business administration, accounting, accounting or health care preferred;
- Two or more years of experience in medical billing and medical coding is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding is helpful.
Successful candidates must be able to work independently, multitask and prioritize in the busy environment of a growing health center. They must be able to work in compliance with HIPAA guidelines and Billing Company Policy and Procedures; be detail oriented; have strong communication skills; and have general knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please apply online or send a resume and letter of interest by email to Amy Kleinhesselink at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Promise Community Health Center; Attn: Amy Kleinhesselink; 338 1st Ave. NW; Sioux Center, IA 51250. For more information, call 712-722-1700.
Promise offers a great working environment with wonderful people and excellent benefits to its employees. Promise is an equal opportunity employer.